We were in an O Cosmedics training session recently and the question came up ‘do you ever get bored with your skincare routine and do you think your skin starts to plateau?’
We completely understand this feeling, and yes, a change in routine can be as good as a holiday! Alright, not quite as good as a holiday, but certainly can make a difference to your skin.
If you feel as though you have been using O Cosmedics for a long time, lets switch up the ways in which you are using them.
Here are some of our top tips in changing up your routine:
- Did you know that the 3 in 1 Fruit Peel Mask can not only be washed off, but can also be used as a gommage? Gommage sounds fancy, doesn’t it? It’s the French term for exfoliation and literally just means to roll off the mask with your fingers. Leave the mask on to dry(10-15mins,thin layer) then remove with fingers by supporting the skin with one hand and rubbing the product off with the other hand until completely removed. This technique helps by releasing redundant cells and stimulates new healthy ones.
- Add your Exfoliating Cleanser to your 3 in 1 Fruit Peel Mask. Apply your mask leave to dry the apply a pea size amount of your Exfoliating Cleanser and gently circulate. The perfect advanced exfoliation option.
- Leave on your Exfoliating Cleanser for an extra kick then add water as usual to remove.
- Add in the Sonic Cleansing Brush to your second cleanse. It pulsates over the skin for a deeper clean whilst boosting circulation. The lower vibration setting helps to smooth fine lines and support skin firmness. It’s like giving your face a massage every day!
- Have you tried the Micellar Treatment Gel? After your first cleanse, you apply the micellar with a cotton pad or skin shammy onto your skin (kind of like an old-school toner). Perfect to revitalize dull skin and provide a shield on the skin to protect it from environmental pollutants. Remember apply and DO NOT REMOVE.
- The Hydra Plus Sleep-In Mask is the perfect pick me up! Mix with Pure C + BHA or Retinol Serum for a booster treatment mask.
- If you haven’t used the Skin Inject Derma Roller with your actives yet, now is the time! The roller infuses products deeper into your skin. Perfect for, skin aging, lines and wrinkles, acne and pimples, enlarged pores, pigmentation and body stretch marks.
- Do you feel like your make-up starts to wear off throughout the day? You need the O-Biome Hydrating and Setting Spray in your handbag. It will keep your skin hydrated whilst ensuring a beautiful finish to your make-up.
- If you feel like you need a little more nourishment, particularly in the cooler months, Youth Activating Oil Balm is your friend! You only need the tiniest amount and it will turn whichever hydrating cream you are using into a smooth and silky night cream. It can also be used neat on the skin if it’s feeling dry. But wait, there’s more... it can be applied to your hair and cuticles for a luxurious treatment.
- Let’s not forget about the No Baggage Native Collagen Eye Masks! If you’re noticing dryness, puffiness and aging around your eyes, these masks are not a gimmick. Using skin-identical collagen, you’ll notice a difference after 20 minutes. Want a little more? Use an O Serum underneath to activate bonus hydration. Pure Age Defiance Serum or 3D Hydration Serum are perfect!
- Remember O BIOTIC serums always go on first followed by your other serums and hydrators.
- Are you using an eye cream? This is a concern area for many of us, it’s the area that shows the first signs of aging and is usually the first area that men and women get injectable treatments. Don’t get slack with applying your eye cream. We have a selection of eye creams for different concerns, ask us which one is best suited to you and we’ll make sure you are applying it correctly.
- If you’ve been using the same corrector serum for a while, touch base with us when you are running low, it might be worth changing the serum to a different active ingredient based on the changes to your skin. O Cosmedics is a journey and we want to work with you and your skin to achieve the best results possible.
At Pretty in the City, we have adapted a full circle approach. We assess> plan> educate> treat> educate> maintain> assess> plan. This means that as the skin changes, so does our treatment options. Talk to us about your skin goals or if you are wanting to get more out of your products and treatments. We would love to be with you every step of the way.